Sunday, January 15, 2012

November 6th

Well, I never heard anything about any protests. For the most part, the news I get here has to do with natural disasters and/or some students protesting in Santiago. For the most part, things have been pretty tranquilo but thanks for letting me know that yall are doing well.
So, Grandma isnt doing very well? Well, I'm really not surprised but I think she will be able to adjust fairly well. Mom thanks for being a trooper and doing this for your parents. Commandment Five of the Ten does leave you the promise that if you honor your parents, your days will be lengthened on the Earth. I know that Mike and Kerri are seeing what you are doing and it means a lot to us. We will always remember the way the both of our parents took care of thier parents and we will always try to live up to your examples. 
SOOOOOOO.... As far as news from here in the mission. My new comp is named Elder Carvajal and he is from Antafogasta Chile (that is almost as far North as people live). He is one of the first generation of the 18 year old missionaries that are serving here in Chile. He is actually a rapper and a semi-pro basketball player here in Chile. He has a lot of energy and is just a really good guy. Once he is trained and has a little bit of experience here in the mission, he is going to be an awesome leader.
This week we had a wonderful baptism. Carmen got baptised which was awesome and she was so happy. I sent a photo of us at her baptism. Also, this next week we are expecting another baptism of a teenager named Angie. Things are going great. This next upcoming week we are going to have to do quite a bit of finding people because our teaching pool is kind of stale but we having a great time. The ward is excited to work with us because of the success they've been seeing and we are going to keep working as hard as we can. I want to really help this ward and I feel like I am seeing some great things happening and we should be seeing more success down the road.
So, I'll let yall know about when I get those packages. I am just about as far away as possible from the office of the mission but if you just sent them I'll be getting them soon.
This thursday a General Authority is coming to the mission which is going to be great. President says that there is a 50 percent chance that an Apsotle will speak. We were actually put in charge of chartering a bus to take three zones down to Conce for the meeting. Actually, we had to pay a little bit up front so if you notice that I took some money out of my bank account it was to help 50 missionaries get down to see a General Authority and the mission will pay me back. I just wanted to let yall know so you didnt think I was buying a bunch of crazy stuff.
So I love yall a ton. Hope yall can get back to San Jose as soon as possible. 
Love ,
Elder McNeil


No comments:

Post a Comment