Sunday, January 15, 2012

November 22nd

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the turkey and football and... Disneyland? Well, that seems like a step up from the Hill Country Hyatt. Let me know how Disney does Thanksgiving, I really want to know. (Mikey Mouse shaped Turkey?)
Well, this week's letter wont be as long or as detailed as last week's (It was my turn to send in the zone's numbers again and I still need to write my mission president), but things are going great like always. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have never, ever been as tired as I have been as a missionary. Things are always wonderful and generally work out like we want them too but when I sleep, I pass out! I know that was really random, but it is true. I actually want to know if Mike and Kerri felt the same way or if that is just me. 
We had a really good experience this week going out to a more rural part of our area called Rauco. Rauco is one of the areas that the mission is planning on opening in the near future. We went out to see what it was like and to do a few visits. The area is beautiful. It is surrounded by gorgeous hills and we taught some really wonderful people there.
It is really cool being a missionary at this moment in time. I feel like we are on the verge of seeing incredible changes in the world of missionary work. The missionaries that are arriving are a heck of a lot better than I will ever be, they are more prepared and I expect to see incredible amounts of growth here in the mission and in the world. I am really glad that I get the chance to take part in all these interesting new changes. 
Well, I would love to have Martin's email so I could shoot him a quick email. I understand how hard things must be right now for him but the Lord always knows whats best. We cant change his will, so the best possible alternative is to accept it. I know that all things happen for a reason and that everything will work out for the best. I will keep Uncle Ken and Martin in my prayers. 
Tell Kerri to write me! It has been a very long time since I've recieved anything from her. I need to know how she's doing! ALSO.... there is no way she can even think about getting serious with anyone without atleast telling me his name, were he is from, or any of that other stuff that people like to know about the people who are dating thier siblings. And if she even thinks about getting married before I get home from the mission... Oh my goodness, will there be some problems. Sorry about that little rant, tell Kerri that she needs to write me ASAP! 
Also, how's the house?
Well next week, I have to go to another meeting in Chillán so you might not get my email until a little later in the day. 
Well, I love you all a ton and will keep you informed on everything here in Chile.
Love ,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment