Sunday, January 15, 2012

August 22nd

Hey family,
So, it sounds like last week was a really hard one for you guys. This is one of the emails I was waiting to receive from you and I am really grateful for the gospel which is going to help us through this difficult time in our family. I love the gospel and I know that Grandma is going to start a new phase of life were she will happily work in the work of the Lord. Please keep me informed about what is happening with Grandma. Also, if you have the chance, tell her that I love her a lot and am going to keep working hard to teach the wonderful message of the Atonement with the Chilean people.
If it makes you feel any better, this week went a lot better for me than the past few have, but there is a lot that needs to get done. We are finding a lot of people and I have really high hopes for a lot of the people that we have been working with. We am doing everything we possibly can to make sure that we can baptize this transfer and I know that we can do it with a lot of divine help. I have been trying really hard to set a good example for my district and have been having a lot of fun working with them and trying to help them as much as I can.
This week, as a zone activity, we went to the mall and went bowling. It is actually against the mission rules to go to the mall but because of the amount of baptisms last month, President Humphrey approved some more extreme zone activities. I ate pizza hut and went bowling for the first time in over a year and it was a pretty trunky experience. Now I understand why we aren't allowed to go there, it is just a haven for trunky missionaries.
It is great to hear that we will finally get this house started. I know that this is something you have been waiting for for a very long time and it is going to be great to get things started. Oh, just so you know, I just got my first of what I assume will be many wedding announcements from a friend of mine. I'm actually pretty impressed that I haven't seen more considering the time I have in the mission. Anyway, I love you all a lot and I am always praying for you.
Love ,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment