Sunday, January 15, 2012

August 8th

So this week we had transfers. Well, I wasn't transferred (I wasn't expecting to be transferred anyway) but I think you would like to know that I am now a District Leader. The phone call came from the zone leaders this morning and, well, here I go. The mission is always an adventure. I am really not sure what I've been doing but apparently the Lord and President Humphrey are pleased with it enough to give me these responsibilities, and I sure as heck am not going to turn down an opportunity to serve others. Now, my only real concern is if I am going to serve them well. I know that I need to improve in a lot of aspects of the work but I have a feeling that this is going to be a wonderful opportunity for growth.
This week was a little disappointing. Our fastest progressing investigator, Alejandro, is in the hospital. His appendix burst and the infection is looking pretty nasty. Our other investigators have also been having a few difficulties but Alejandro is one of our biggest concerns right now. His parents have been inactive for about 25 years and we are trying to help them as a family come back to church but, obviously they couldn't come this last week do to the what is happening with their son. Other than that, things are actually going okay but I am positive that with some good planning and diligent work, we are going to be able to achieve much more than what we have been.
So, I am not entirely sure what is going on there in the states as far as the economy goes but the news here in Chile is sure making it sound like the end of the world. I am just imagining the Statue of Liberty being blown up by aliens and zombies storming the White House. At least your letters have been fairly reassuring that I will come home to fairly regular life, not a nuclear wasteland. Mom, don't question why you were called to be what you are. The Lord obviously wants you to help these girls while you are still there in Willow Glenn. Do everything you can to serve the girls well in this time you have with them. Yes, they are demanding but that can't be any worse than I was as a teenager (I was the textbook definition of demanding.) I turned out okay and so will these girls.
Hopefully things move forward with the house. We will need it for when the stars start falling out of the skies and the oceans turn to blood (more Apocalypse movie references, sorry, I am having a little bit too much fun with that). I also hope Mike and Cabrina are doing well and it is going to be great for you to see Kerri again. This month I complete two whole years without seeing her. I imagine she hasn't changed much but, still, I might be forgeting what she looks like.
I love you all a ton and hope you are doing well,
Love ,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment