Sunday, January 15, 2012

November 28th

Well, I am glad to hear that you have been enjoy you nice, long thanksgiving vacation. I am also really glad to hear about Mike and Cabrina. I knew when I started to mission that I would hear something along the lines of them having a kid or two (twins??!!). That is going to be too much fun. One thing that is really throwing me for a loop right now is that y'all will be moving into the new house, a new nephew will be about to join the family and I will be getting hime from the mission all in the same month or so. I know that it is quite a bit down the road still but when you know, you need to tell me exactly when you will be moving in so I can tell the mission about which stake I will be released in. Ugh, I dont fell old in the mission but people sure like acting like I am. That has been a little annoying but I guess it could be much worse. 
So, things are going really well. We have a number of investigators who just need to make that last little push to get over the last hump and get baptized. During december we can have anywhere between 2 and 6 baptisms. That would be really great. I really love my sector. We are always finding really great people to teach and the people have been really recpetive these past few weeks. Now we just have to get them over the last little bit of opposition so they can get baptized, which seems to be harder for me now than in the past. I feel like these last few weeks have required me to be the best possible missionary possible. Better than I've ever been before. I won't lie, I feel like I dropped the ball in a few situations and I have made some mistakes, like all missionaries do, but I never stop learning. I've learned to not beat myself up over my mistakes but that doesn't mean that I've lowered my standard of excellence. 
We are teaching a really great couple named Rogelio and Marioli. They are 24 and married and everytime I teach them, it reminds me of Mike and Cabrina. They are a very young married couple that are trying to establish themselves in Curicó. It would be good if you could pray from them. They came to church yesterday and they liked it and I would love to see them baptized as soon as possible. 
Transfers are in two week but there are already some rumors and plans about what president wants to do in Curicó and I'm not sure how much more time I will be working with the investigators that I have been working with for the past 2.5 months. It would be great to see some of the baptized before transfers.   
So, it is really sad to hear about Ken but I think it is the right thing for all of you to do. Martin will be back out in the mission field soon enough but he needs to be there with his family. I hope that you will be able to take your trip to Japan and Taiwan soon but you need to be with the family. Also, I would like to thank Kerri for writing me. It was really nice to hear from her.
Sorry, I dont really have any more time but I love you all a ton and hope everything goes super well this week.
Love,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment