Sunday, July 31, 2011

June 13th

Well, i do have to admit that I am a little disappointed that I cant brag about being the only kid you have taken to India, but I guess I'll just have to get over that. I know Mike and Cabrina are going to LOVE New Delhi and El Nido. I hope you have more time there than we did. That trip seemed to go by WAY to quickly. I have some great memories of our adventures out there, I just hope you dont get in any car accidents this time around.
Well, this week went well. We had interviews and it seems like President Humphrey is happy about how I am doing. It is really nice to have that opportunity to talk specifically about how to improve and learn from your mission president. The rest of the week went fairly well too. We have found a lot of good people but they all have specific difficulties and challenges. It is going to be hard to get a baptism before Elder Harmer finishes the mission which is tough for the both of us. Seeing as he only has two weeks left, I am trying to do everything I can to make these last weeks as rewarding as they can be.
So we tried to make american style onion rings this week and... well... they just werent the same so we are going to try and perfect the recipe so we can share something very gringo and cheap to make with the people here in Lirquén. One thing that I have learned in Chile is if you cant get into somebody's heart right away, charming them into receiving the gospel is sometimes necessary. (But this principle must be used with caution). I really want to help the people here in Lirquén receive the gospel but many have very views about the church and I have to keep adjusting the way I work to better fit this area but I feel like I am seeing progress which is what we want.
Hey Dad, so people still can't add me as a friend on facebook and they would greatly appreciate if you were able to get that fixed. (Mike can help). HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.
Love ,
Elder McNeil 

No comments:

Post a Comment