Sunday, May 27, 2012

April 24th

So, thanks for the info on the house. So my question is will it be done before I get home? I mean if I get home to have to pack and unpack boxes, I'll do it but I would like to know what I'm in for.
So I sent an email that I got from my friends family who owns the townhouse that I want to live in after the mission. I am really excited but if y'all aren't on board I can still find somewhere else to go. I guess you can start talking to his mom and see what happens there.
It is awesome to know how many missionaries there are there in the branch. There are a lot of us out here around the world and everyone who is willing and worthy is needed. So as far as the plaque goes I would like to use Mosiah 5:7-8. You have no idea how hard it is for me to pick just one scripture but I really like the one I used. I dont know how long the plaque would actually be there for but it is really cool that they want to make one. 
So this week has been good. It was really stressful with the changes in the zone because we need to get two brand new district leaders trained on how to do their assignment ASAP. As zone leaders, we rely 100% on the DL's and if they aren't doing their job, life becomes a lot more stressful. We had interviews with President and we had some meetings as well. All of that was fun and we have learned a ton but what was really crazy was what happened in our ward. A recent convert's son ran away for 5 days leaving the entire ward shocked and confused (he came back but still it was stressful trying to keep the family strong during the process). Saturday as we were helping the stake president prepare a few things for the baptism of his daughter we found out that we needed to also prepare the chapel for a funeral. The mother of one of the pioneers of the church here in the area died so there were a LOT of people who were coming. So while we were helping in the baptism there was a viewing going on. After lunch that afternoon there was a ward baby shower (there are a LOT of pregnant sisters in the ward) in the chapel ( while the viewing was still going on). That night was the first funeral service. Then Sunday there was a viewing in the cultural hall during all the church meetings then a baptism of 8 year old grand daughter of woman we reactivated at 1:20 in the afternoon and a second funeral at 1:50. We lost a lot of time with all of the changes but we really have things set up for an awesome few months.
I really like my new comp. He played football at Dixie State College in Utah and he is really young in the mission. He is a really great guy.Elder Bracken has a really cool family story. His dad actually wrote a book about his life called "The Orange Dufflebag: My Road to Radical Change" it is a crazy story. I really hope it does well. The book comes out July 12th in the States but Elder Bracken is going to get me a copy in the next few weeks. 
So things are going well in the sector. We are praying and hoping really hard to find some new investigators (especially families). We are expecting to baptize in May but all of your prayers help. I have a goal of baptizing at least 5 more people before I go home and I am praying every night to reach it but we need a family to teach. We will be fasting for it but what ever help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also if you are going to the temple anytime soon, please go with the names of Hilda Leiva, Mauricio Cofré, and Rut Luna. They all need special prayers. 
So I love you tons and hope everything is going well.
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment