Friday, February 24, 2012

January 15th

I'm already out out of time for this week. I'm sorry but I just wanted to let you know that last week was a little rough but things are improving little by little. The mission has taught me that agency is probably the most frustrating gift that Heavenly Father has given us. Agency is necessary, but I bet it is even more irritating for the Lord that His children don't follow his councils, than it is for us a missionaries who work so hard with investigators who decide the day before their baptism that they preferred their old life. The likelihood of us reaching our goal as a zone just went from unlikily to impossible and the excitment in the zone dropped Fahrenheit to Celsius and it quickly approaches absolute zero. 
I have a lot of work to do. It is actually astounding the amount of work that needs to be done to fix the problems that I have spent the last three transfers trying to repair but cant seem to find the way to do it. I love working as a zone leader but the most frustrating experiences I've had here in the mission have come from it. 
We are working hard, looking for revelation, and then working more to try to get things rolling. I ask for lots of prayers that we can get it done. I can't possibly do this work alone and we need all the prayers and help that y'all can muster. 
This next week is going to be great. We have great plans and we have been blessed with great new people to teach. This next week, we expect big things, I just cant depened on my own efforts and ideas. 
I love you all a ton and I am super happy to hear that everything is going great. You are the best. 
Love
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment