Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 2nd

So, Mom I know that I am going to be taking a lot of hard classes. I understand that it is going to be hard. I am actually really concerned about it but I know that it needs to be done so I will do it, and I will do it with all the energy and excitement I can muster. I'm actually not the only missionary who is working on all of this right now either. There are a lot of us who are in the same process and we are all just as concerned and scared as everyone else. We don't want to grow up just yet. We love the mission, there is nothing more rewarding than being here and we don't want to have to worry about everything that comes with "post-mission life". Fortunately we don't have to worry about that quite yet. We still have 3 months to get stuff done. I am not trunky, although conference and having to register for classes kind was kind of a buzz kill. There is plenty left to do and we are going to do it well.
So this week was a little hard for us. We need new investigators but it seems like it has been harder than ever to find. We are just trying to stay diligent and do everything possible so that we are blessed with those people who are prepared for the gospel. It requires hard work and we are working hard. It requires patience and.... well, that is a part of where we need to improve. We are learning a lot and we will be blessed.
Conference was amazing. I really liked all of it but I really felt that Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was perfect for our family as well. I know it has been really hard on all of y'all but things are going to improve. I also really liked the focus on the most important things like family and the gospel. We must be fully converted to the gospel and not to anything else. I am really excited to improve and apply what we've been taught and study the talks better.
It is good to know that the house is going well and that things are improving there. I would love to see a picture of it when it actually looks like a house. I also am really excited to hear that Kerri will graduate in August. At the same time, that means that I am going to be the only one left that still needs to grow up... wow, that makes me feel a little lonely. Mike and Cabrina are having a blast and things are going really well. Dad good luck with work and Mom, I hope things go really well with the house in CO. Let me know if I can do anything more than pray.
Well, I love you all tons. I hope you all learned a lot from conference and that we can apply it all.
Love ,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment