Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28th


So things have continued to go well. Well, actually this week was a little harder. The summer vacation is coming to an end this week so everyone packed up their bags and left... again. I know that once school starts back up again (this week), we can finally start hunting our investigators down. We actually have some really great investigators who are progressing really quickly but, because this week was the last moment to avoid the reality that summer is over, we sat ackwardly in sacrament meeting, completely investigator-less (that doesn´t happen often but when it does... it isn´t a good feeling).

This week should be different. Our investigators are in town and they are really trying to get this ball rolling. I don't know if I have said this before but Cordillera is a sector much more difficult than San Clemente was but we are doing well and we have some people who should be getting baptized here during March. I will admit it is frustrating putting so much effort into finding and teaching and to not see any sort of visible result. For a long time, it even made me a little upset, but I know that all the work I put in is paying off and will pay off for years to come. Nobody will ever be perfect but I sure am trying to do what I am told. Do I always do it perfectly? Now, that is a question is like a double edged sword. Well, I try really hard and am finding out that I can push myself a lot further than I ever thought. We are seeing some blessing of the struggles and hopefully that will continue. This sector is known for being a little tough but I´m learning a lot and, if all else fails, at least my Spanish is improving. (That was a joke, things are going well and my Spanish is pretty kickin´)
So, if I didn´t explain before, we live in a house with another set of missionaries and, well, last week we got a greenie! Being able to talk and see what he is going through makes me feel old in the mission. It is also just fun the adjustment process. Those first few weeks are... interesting. 
I just hope that everything goes well with the house and that everyone is going okay. It is incredible that you sold it so fast .  Also, I would love to help Dad plant some trees in a few years. Everything will go fine with the house, it is all just a part of the process and it will all be worth it when it is all said and done. Things are great and here are another few pictures.
Love ,
Elder McNeil




No comments:

Post a Comment