Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 14th

So it is terrible to hear about uncle Ken pancreatic cancer is a mean one so he will definitely be in my prayers. Also its sad knowing that you are already leaving that house. Hopefully the house will sell quickly and that things go well with the geologists. At least your talks went well and Kerri got to see what everyone is up to and what has changed in the last 18 months. Mom, to calm you down, things are going great. The Lord always provides for His missionaries and things are going fine. My comp is named Elder Stephenson and he is great. The culture isn´t particularly different than the States. The food is generally good and my investigators are doing exactly what they need to be doing.
So you may or may not have heard about the slight increase in seismic activity here in Chile this week. I don´t mention this to scare mom but to tell you how funny it is to hear how many people think that we (the white missionaries) are here with machines causing the tremors and are secretly assassins hired by the CIA. Actually, some of the big tremors made it a lot easy to get into houses and teach lessons because many people were afraid of another "big one". Also, I saw a wild parrot this week. Like an actual perrot. Aparently they migrate here this time of year and specifically like to hang out here in Chillán. That was really cool. Maybe if I see another I´ll take a picture to show how cool it is (they are an endangered species so they are still rare but cool). I´ll keep you filled in on my adventures.
So i am still trying to find an internet place with a memory card adaptor that works so I can send you some pictures. that is why for my birthday, I would really like a memory card adaptor that i can plug into a usb port. I´ve tried to find some here and although you can find them, it would be nice to have one that is less likely to catch fire or explode.
So there is a good chance that I will hear some sort of news about the concepción temple this week. I´ll let you know all the details as soon as I know them but we are having a special regional broadcast from SLC for the southern half of Chile (AKA the concepción chile temple district) and there are rumors of a groundbreaking here in these next few weeks.  If so, yall need to come pick me up from my mission so you can see what the temple will be like. Actually yall should come pick me up from my mission anyway. It might be the middle of winter when yall do but I promise you guys will love it.
Love,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment