Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 3rd

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Because it seems to be the topic of choice, no I didn´t feel the earthquake yesterday, well at least not the big one. We have a pretty big tremor here in the region of Maule (where I am) during Church but the Earthquake was farther south and we didn't feel anything here. It would be like if there was an earthquake in Tijuana Mexico and you feeling it in San Jose. I am going to ask if any of the missionaries further south felt it but all the way up here we didn´t feel it. (Remember that I am in the north of the mission, about 4 or 5 hours from Concepcion.) Okay I am really happy you got the package. Did anything break or was it all okay? Also I am really glad mom liked her pig.
Now on to what really matters. The baptisms. So I told you over the phone that we were only going to have two but Hilda surprised us 5 minutes before the baptisms and said she wanted to do it. Because she already passed the interview AND the font was already filled AND we even had two extra dresses, she got baptized too. So that was my first family that I have baptized. I´ll send pictures when I can. I don't have the cable to my camera or an adapter for my memory card so I just have to cross my fingers that I can find a Ciber with a slot for SD cards.
So to explain what happened with the P-day situation; We had two P-days the week of Christmas (Monday and Saturday because it was Christmas). Then a week later, New Years Day was also a P-day. Everything was closed on New Years so we couldn't actually write then so we were given permission to write today. Unfortunately, we don't actually get a pday this week. We just have to wait until next Monday which also happens to be transfer day so if I am getting transferred it is going to be just as busy as a normal work day, if not more.
So New Years, we had a bar-b-que with all the missionaries in Talca and watched some movies. I really love the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox. It is really freaking funny. We also watched the RM which makes me really not want to come home from my mission... EVER. Well, I guess for mom´s sake I will eventually come home but I still dont wanna.
So in theory, I could get my other packages tomorrow. I obviously wont know until tomorrow but I´ll let you know.
Well I love yall and hope everything is going well for you.

Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment