Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January, 11th

Bueno, first off. Mom read 2 Timothy 1:7 and D&C 10:55. Hopefully those help. Also LDS.org has articles and videos about every topic possible so you don´t need to ask us missionaries but use the resources of the church that you have at your fingertips (this is a principle that the people here still need to understand. I can´t even count how many blessings and scriptures I have had to share with members since I´ve been here). It sounds like things have been a little crazy for all of you and I hope that things calm down as fast as possible. 
Okay so as far as the packages go. A few months ago, I got the package with the CD player, then a few weeks ago I got the one with the Christmas stuff, and this week I got the one from the ward. If there are more I haven´t received them yet. Also, I just want Kerri to know that I DID get her package that she sent me and that I am more than grateful for the things she sent me. (Mostly for the Predicad Mi Evangelio that Mike gave her. That is easily my most prized possession here in the mission). 
Well I have some really interesting news... I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED!! Yup, this is my first time having to change sectors which is probably one of the strangest feelings of my life. It is really hard thinking that I am actually going to leave. So I am going to a city named Chillan which is south of where I am at but still a good distance north of ConcepciĆ³n. So I wont be out here in el campo anymore. I will be in the city and will have to adapt to working in the city which is really strange thinking about. I am going to miss San Clemente a lot but, hey, its a part of the mission so there is no use crying over split milk (especially when you already knew that the milk would be split). But this last week in San Clemente was probably the best I have had since I have been here. We really worked hard this week and the Lord really blesses you when you are putting your shoulder to the wheel. 
So some of the things that have happened to me this week. Random people who I have never met before came up to me to tell me that I have the aura of a good person (these weren´t crazy people either). Basically people like me for no reason in particular which made me feel pretty good. Also, we got a history lesson from one of the oldest members of the branch who showed us around some of the most important historical places out here in San Clemente. We were given free popsicles a few different times. There is this one kind of popsicle called Lenguix which as you eat it turns into jello and it starts to look like a tongue which was an interesting experience. Also a random mentally handicapped man ran up to me and gave me a hug. Also we got stranded in one of the farthest parts of our sector so we had to borrow two bikes from a member and ride 15 kilometers in less than 35 minutes to make it to our house on time which was fun although I still don't like bikes. 
Well, I will let you know all about my new sector next week and hope everything goes well for yall in the states. 
Love,
Elder McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment